Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2013.029.1
Object Name Advertisement
Reference code US SPHi 2013.029.1
Scope & Content Trade card for Hires Root Beer sold at Knapp Bros. store, Cape Elizabeth Depot. Located at 107 Elm Street, Knapp Bros grocery was owned and operated by J. Calvin Knapp and C. Lewis Knapp in the 1890s and early 1900s. Around 1904, the store became Palmer & Wilson, then from about 1905 to 1909 became Walter H. Knight grocery, then Eugene Treworgy ran it around 1912. The site became Frank T. Palmer's auto service business in the 1920s, later called Elm Street Garage.
Year Range from 1890
Year Range to 1904
Search Terms Knapp Bros.
Pleasantdale
Cape Elizabeth Depot
Subjects Advertising cards
Advertising
Advertisements
People Knapp. J. Calvin
Knapp, C. Lewis