|Reference code||US SPHi 2014.175.1|
|Scope & Content||
Typewritten history of "The Market Garden of Mr. Andrew S. Sawyer". 2 pages, marked as originally written by Philip S. Melcher and dated 17 February, 1943.
In 1850, brothers Andrew Scott Sawyer and Ellis Sawyer and a German gardener settled on 9 acres at the corner of what is now the Mitchell Road and Sawyer Street to establish a market garden.
Meeting House Hill
Sawyer, Andrew S.