|Reference code||US SPHi 2015.006.26|
|Scope & Content||
Dedication program for the new South Portland High School building on Ocean Street, South Portland, Maine, April 21, 1924. Program contains many advertisements for contractors who worked on and supplied products to the building.
Architects: Miller and Mayo.
Contractors: D.S. Elliot (fire fighting equipment); Charles M. Hay Co. (lighting); Willey and Calhoun Company (HVAC); Burbank, Douglass and Co. (china and glassware); C.M. Rice Paper Co.; Reardon Bros. Company (plumbing contractor); Economy Fuel Company (coal); Myers and Mahoney Plumbing Co.; L.W. Cleveland Company (electrical engineers); M.F. Bragdon Paint Co.; Howe Theatre Supply House (projector installation); Portland Rubber Company; H.H. Hay & Sons (lab supplies); Hamilton Paper Company (towel and toilet system); T.F. Foss & Sons (floor coverings); Frank M. Vickerson (flooring and window shades); S.C. Ripley and Company (furniture); McDonald Manufacturing Company (building finish and lumber); Loring, Short & Harmon (books); Kemball Music Company and M. Steinert & Sons (music).
South Portland High School
Dedication of buildings