|Reference code||US SPHi 2012.019|
|Scope & Content||
From Dirt Roads to Tarred - report submitted to Dr. Yorke by Sally Newell - 2 May 1979 as part of a History of Maine course.
A history of the Willard / Loveitt's Field areas from 1896 to 1970s, with photos.
1. Aerial of Loveitt's Field, circa 1930
2.Cobb House on Preble Street
3. Willard Beach Casino
4. Trolley at Willard Beach Casino
5. Willard Square, circa 1900
6. Willard Beach, crica 1920's
7. The Grandview Hotel
8. The Cloyster Hotel, aka The Cloyester
9. A Marelatus Club ticket from 1938
10. Loveitt family homestead at corner of Preble and Deake Street - 510 Preble Street, photo taken in May 1979.
11. Marelatus Club, circa 1930
12. Home on Pond Road, on site of former Marelatus Club, photo taken May 1979
13. Home on Bay Road
14. The Clark cottage at 28 Cloyster Road
15. The Richard cottage on Highland Road, now Loveitt's Field Road
|Title||From Dirt Roads to Tarred by Sally Newell|
Willard Beach Casino