Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2009.034.1
Object Name Manuscript
Reference code US SPHi 2009.034.1
Scope & Content History of the Bethany Church, by Mary Anne Wallace, 2009. Nine pages. Includes Mary Anne's research notes, sources, and a list of key dates and events for the church. The first meeting of Congregationalists in Ferry Village was on February 4, 1894; they met at the Young Men's Room in the Knights of Pythias Hall to hear Rev. George William Kelley preach. In 1895, the land on Randall Street was donated and construction of the building began in 1896. After declining membership and lack of funds, services ended in 1934.
Date 2009
Search Terms Bethany Church
Ferry Village
Subjects
People Kelley, George William (Reverend)