Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1979.015.3
Object Name Pin, Lapel
Description Two gold lapel pins: 240th Coast Artillery, circa 1930-1940. The 240th Coast Artillery Regiment, Maine National Guard, was formed in 1923 out of former infantry regiments, and charged with defending Portland Harbor. Regiment unit members would train once a week at armories around the Greater Portland area, as well as for two weeks at Fort Williams each summer. The 240th Coast Artillery was called up for active duty in September 1940 and served in the defense of Portland Harbor throughout WWII. The 240th Coast Artillery was stationed at Fort Preble.
Material Metal
Year Range from 1930
Year Range to 1940
Search Terms 240th Coast Artillery
Maine National Guard
Fort Preble
Subjects Military uniforms
Military organizations
National Guard