Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2010.035.3
Object Name Bottle, Apothecary
Description A.E. Thurrell apothecary bottle.

Albert E. Thurrell was a druggist in Ferry Village, South Portland, Maine. He opened his drug store on the corner of Sawyer and High Streets as early as 1877. He and his family lived in the house he had built at 179 High Street. He would later turn his drug store over to Walter Dow, around 1917.
Material Glass
Search Terms Thurrell, A.E., apothecary
Ferry Village
Subjects Drug stores
Pharmacies
People Thurrell, Albert E.