Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1979.015.2
Object Name Trophy
Description Silver trophy - 240th Coast Artillery, 1925, Attendance Battery Headquarters. The 240th Coast Artillery Regiment, Maine National Guard, was formed in 1923 out of former infantry regiments, and charged with defending Portland Harbor. Regiment unit members would train once a week at armories around the Greater Portland area, as well as for two weeks at Fort Williams each summer. The 240th Coast Artillery was called up for active duty in September 1940 and served in the defense of Portland Harbor throughout WWII.
Material Metal
Date 1925
Search Terms 240th Coast Artillery
Maine National Guard
Fort Preble
Fort Williams
Subjects Military training
Military organizations
National Guard