Archive Record
Images
Metadata
Catalog Number |
2012.020.7 |
Object Name |
Clipping, Newspaper |
Reference code |
US SPHi 2012.020.7 |
Date |
1928 |
Scope & Content |
Short newspaper article with photograph about the history of the Marine Hardware and Equipment Company building. The building was originally built as a plush mill, and later became a bicycle factory operated by the John P. Lovell Company. The news article tells of someone's recollection of an Englishman, Walter Ackroyd, coming here to establish the plush mill. At the time of the writing, Marine Hardware was producing a variety of marine hardware items. The site is currently River Place apartment complex. |
Search Terms |
Plush mill Lovell Company, John P. Ferry Village Marine Hardware-Equipment Company |
Subjects |
Manufacturing Bicycles & tricycles |
People |
Soule, George C. |
Site # |
160 |
Site Name - For More Information |
Marine Hardware-Equipment Co. |
Extent of Description |
Single page with two newspaper clippings attached |
